Monday, October 3, 2011

Star Valley

I know this is from JULY but I wanted to blog about it just for my sake! So bear with me, I'm going to do a little catch up! At the end of July, me and Kyle made our annual trip up to Star Valley, WY with my family.  It was a blast!! This year my parents rented a house that was right where we used to go all the time growing up, it was beautiful and so relaxing! We went up with my parents and then my brother and his girlfriend came up a day later and stayed for the weekend! It was so fun to have them there! We did a lot of fun things...we love going to this restaurant for breakfast in Afton, WY.  It's just a little restaurant but it has the BEST breakfast!




Then we spent a little bit of time fishing, unfortunately the first day we were there Kyle broke his fishing pole so he couldn't do all the fishing that he was hoping for! And that was okay by me...we couldn't really be by them when they fished so my mom and I just sat on the shore with all the bugs so I could do without that! I didn't get a picture of my dad and Kyle fly fishing but this was the pond that was out our back door. :)

Jack and Hank even had some fun in the pond...we would throw their toys in the pond and they would swim out and get them.  It was actually quite entertaining since Jack never has liked the water, he almost sank to the bottom cause he had never swam like that before! 

And of course, whenever we go to Star Valley we go on a bike ride! I was excited to go too because I just got a new road bike and it was so easy and fun to ride! We had a good time!



My favorite part and probably the most eventful was the river rafting! We went up to Jackson Hole before the ride and had some lunch and did some shopping! We ate at this really good restaurant called the Merry Piglets. The eventful part was when we got to the river rafting place, it started to get really overcast and cold, even though right before it was sunny and warm.  And right as we were loading the raft into the water it started to downpour. We heard thunder and I was terrified.  Plus, we had just heard all of the stories about how high the water was and our tour guide actually said his last raft flipped completely over and everyone fell out except for him.  So..needless to say I was hanging on for dear life!  It was an adventure I'll tell you! We got soaked but it was fun!!







The last day we did some golfing, it was a great course but it was a little rainy and overcast but we had fun!


One of my favorite parts of Star Valley is coming home through Bear Lake and stopping for a raspberry shake.  We couldn't pass it up even though it was pouring and we wanted to get home fast we had to stop! (Note: don't drive through Logan canyon when its pouring rain, I thought we were going to die) We made it home and we had such a great time! Can't wait till next year!!

No comments: