Monday, January 9, 2012

Out with the Old and In with the New!!

It's a new year, that means new changes!!!

First.....Malena and Lance had their baby....baby Cache!!! Woo hoo!!! He is the cutest thing and I am so happy for them.  They are going to be the best parents!! I am so lucky to have such great friends and examples in my life! They amaze me all of the time how great they are! I look up to them so much!!


Second...I got a new job!!! To be honest, I'm not really sure if this change is good or not! haha...Unfortunately, my favorite job in the world (working at Alpine Plastic Surgery) was hit by the economy and because I hadn't been there too long I was put on PRN status (basically, just working if they needed someone to cover).  So that meant I had to go looking for another job where I would be getting more like full-time hours.  So, after a few weeks off and a lot of relaxing and watching movies.  I decided to apply to Davis Hospital.  With all the not-so-good luck with finding a job before, I didn't think I would even be considered because I have never worked in a hospital before.  But I was called in for an interview and a week later, I was offered the position.  So I am working on the inpatient rehab/medical unit, full-time.  I am still in the orienting phase and I tried taking on a couple of patients of my own and I felt like I never went to nursing school. haha..  I was running around like crazy.  But I have learned a lot already and I know I will continue to learn from here.  It will be a change adjusting to working weekends and holidays (oh yeah and the whole going to work at 3 am and 12 hour shift thing) but it will all be okay.  That is what I am telling myself anyway.  :)

I am looking forward to 2012...having my BSN, doing some remodeling to the house, and whatever else life feels like bringing to us!!  HAVE A HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

3 comments:

Cory and Kylee said...

You will do great on that floor. My mom did the same thing down at Dixie. I loved going and seeing her. We even had thanksgiving dinner in the cafeteria once. It was fun! :) I hope you wont be to tired and worn out to ride this summer!;) Miss ya!

Sarah said...

Congratulations on the new job!

Jake and Jules said...

Congrats on the new job Linds!!! you definitely deserve it!