Friday, March 4, 2011

Change is good...

Well I think???  So...I'm going to do a little venting today! Sorry!  Anyway...I have been working at a pediatric office for about a year and a half....I have learned SO much but to tell you the truth it hasn't been at all easy!!!  I came home many days in tears and feeling very down...I thought maybe I shouldn't be a nurse..maybe this isn't me! I wanted to help each patient the best that I could but I felt no matter how hard I worked or how hard I wanted to be good at something...I wasn't!! And as a result, it made it hard to go to work EVERYDAY!  With me getting a new job at Alpine Surgical Center, I was also working around 45 to 50 hours a week.  Needless to say...I was STRESSED!!  So after a few months of my busy schedule, I quit my job at the pediatric office!  Today was my last day! I can't say that I wanted to quit because I never have quit a job without having something else full time!  Also, I didn't want to feel defeated by this!  I knew I could do it but it was just taking a lot for me to feel comfortable doing my job..and I didn't like that..So, I hope that this new change will give me the confidence to continue working as a nurse.  I honestly can't see myself doing anything else!  I have always wanted to be in healthcare and hope that this new change brings some much needed happiness!  So I don't have another job yet, but I will be working at least 2 days at Alpine coming up when a nurse goes on maternity leave! I know this change was good and I hope that I can continue working on my career as a nurse with maybe just a little less stress!! :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Linds i talked to HR today at Lakeview and we're looking for a full time (cool) nurse for ortho spine. It's a great floor and you don't have to deal with infection, bc they wont allow that on the floor, they send them all down to us, on medsurg. The only thing is, that it's full time nights.. so three nights a week. But they said just get your feet in the door and then move to which ever shifts you want and if you wanted to switch up floors, and work on womans or medsurg they'd hire insiders before outsiders. Let me know what you think and we'll get you an interview k!!! Hang in there!

Cory and Kylee said...

My mom is a nurse for Rocky Mt Home care. She loves it she says she never wants to go back to the hospital! I can ask if they are looking for a nurse if you are interested!

LanCEandMaLEna said...

friend!! i didn't know you were that stressed! Can i do something to help? I have alot of days off so we can get together and chat or do whatever. Thats what im here for! I think this is a wonderful choice for you and something great will come soon! Call me.. Love you!